August Release

It’s now official, Good Vibrations now includes Flash Blocking! It’s not perfect (nothing ever is), but as Safari heads toward v3-non-beta, this will only get better. A big thank you to everyone who has helped so far. All of the advice and bug reports have really helped. Keep it coming.

The big question now is, does Good Vibrations stay a personal project, or does it become a community-driven opensource event? If you are interested in becoming more involved in the development of GV, drop me a line. Ideally, I would like to move maintenance of the project over to a place like sourceforge and take input from the entire community instead of managing the whole thing from my Documents folder 🙂

Here’s the new download:
//code.google.com/p/stevenjaycohen/downloads/list

9 thoughts on “August Release

1. The Yahoo logo disappears when doing a search, but other than that, block pretty much everything, great job
    cadillac22 at 08/02/2007 12:13:17 am

2. I’ve noticed a bit of weirdness in the August GV I can’t figure out (I’m no CSS jockey). It seems to block hyperlinks where the destination contains “heads.”. For example, Google for “cocoaheads”, whose website is at //www.cocoaheads.org. If GV is set as Safari’s CSS, the hyperlinks are hidden. BTW, thanks for GV!
    Kolonel Panic at 08/02/2007 07:38:02 pm

3. hi, two bugs founds one one “www.kotaku.com” addition images that get posted don’t show up. here is an example page “//www.kotaku.com/photogallery/dantefig/” and, one on “www.play.com”, the buy button is blocked thanks for Good Vibrations
    Liam Fogerty at 08/03/2007 12:53:58 pm

4. not bad 🙂 only problem for me is that it kills my zap2it.com grid. any chance of a fix for that?
    jeff at 08/04/2007 08:44:01 pm

5. zap2it.com works now and i have no other issues! thanks so much for making this…love it!! jeff
    jeff at 08/06/2007 09:42:41 am

6. This is a great initiative. I wonder if anyone out there with better CSS chops than mine can try and tackle the main French newspaper sites (liberation.fr lemonde.fr lefigaro.fr nouvelobs.fr ). They all have really obnoxious Flash ads and I haven’t been able to block them. Thanks, -v
    vincent at 09/17/2007 02:13:46 am