Iridium: A Universal Theme Installer

Click Here to Download

Iridium can now run on ANY Macintosh running MacOS X 10.4.5 or later. This includes (but is not limited to) G3, G4, G5, Intel Dev. Boxes, Intel Core Solo, and Intel Core Duo machines.

Again, I would like to thank Colin Cornaby, without whom the Intel-port of Iridium would still be only a dream.

Please note that Iridium Hydroxide is not in this download. Since building the Intel files requires building files manually in a Hex-Editor, it was just too much work to get 2 themes ready. I apologize to those of you who prefer the Hydroxide look.

Within the next week, Iridium will have a new home over at www.macopensource.com. At this point, expanding Iridium’s look requires skins for the iLife applications, and other skinnable applications like Firefox, Adium, and Opera. If you are interested in helping out, let me know.

9 thoughts on “Iridium: A Universal Theme Installer

1. When I had a G4, I used iridium since the very first release…I’m glad that I can finally use it on my MBP now. Shame about hydroxide, though. That was my favorite. :/
    cruzmisl at 04/25/2006 11:29:08 am

2. Thanks! There is just one small problem… I get an error message saying “This version of the Iridium installer is designed for 10.4.5 or greater. Aborting installation.” I’m using 10.4.6, which around these waters passes for greater than 10.4.5. Does the installer generate any logs I could look at? Can’t wait to get this Iridium working on my intel machine.
    cat0 at 04/25/2006 11:54:44 am

3. In reply to myself: got around that by removing the part of the script that checks the version number. Now I’m finally Iridiumfied on intel as well. Thanks! 🙂
    cat0 at 04/25/2006 12:59:05 pm

4. The OS Version Number problem has been fixed. Thanks for pointing that out. I can’t believe I missed it. Anyway, I need to update the iTunes skin. It should be done later today.
    Steven at 04/25/2006 03:07:37 pm

5. Can I ask how you created a universal version of Extras.rsrc? I’ve been looking for this for a while but couldn’t find any information anywhere and was waiting for ThemePark to be released as a universal binary.
    Neil at 04/25/2006 04:31:50 pm

6. Is the only major difference(s) between this version and 1.7.2 the Intel-ness of 1.9?
    Bill I at 04/25/2006 04:50:22 pm

7. Don’t bother waiting for ThemePark to build universal themes. Check out Catalyst and Extras2Extras2. A future version of Catalyst might even be able to export a theme into an Iridium-like stand alone installer (gotta love the power of opensource! We are all helping each other on this one).
    Steven at 04/25/2006 05:01:02 pm

8. Quote : “Within the next week, Iridium will have a new home over at http://www.macopensource.com. At this point, expanding Iridium’s look requires skins for the iLife applications, and other skinnable applications like Firefox, Adium, and Opera. If you are interested in helping out, let me know.” posted on Tue April 25, 2006. I was really hoping that this was going somewhere, unfortunally it rather seems like a dead end. While i do like this theme & the fact it can be used without a Themer Application (i also was hoping some more theme’s could have added – one specific actually is Rhapsodized – but why not one that aquafiez or metalize all) Hellas, nothing of that will happen if the project is dead, & it seems dead atm. So if the guys at MacOpenSource dot com wont take it over i hope you will retake development to yours trully. Thanx
    Maccampus at 09/19/2006 06:50:40 am